Resolve the problem of Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC immediately through the best solutions explained in this write up below.
Age of Empires 4 is a series of video games published by Xbox Game Studio in the year 2021. Ever since the release of the video game, many users have faced Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC issues.
If you are also among those users who have encountered this issue, then you are at the right place. Below in this write up we have discussed the best solutions to fix Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC issues.
Users of Age of Empires 4 are advised to meet the minimum system requirements before jumping straight to the solution in the article below.
System Requirements for Age of Empires 4 Video Game:-
|Minimum Requirements||Recommended Requirements|
|Operating System– Windows 10 64bit | Windows 11 64bit||Operating System – Windows 10 64bit | Windows 11 64bit|
|Processor – Intel Core i5-6300U or AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
| CPU with AVX support required
|Processor – 3.6 GHz 6-core (Intel i5) or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
| CPU with AVX support required
|Ram Storage – 8 GB||Ram Storage – 16 GB|
|Graphics Card – Intel HD 520 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 11||Graphics Card – Nvidia GeForce 970 GPU or
AMD Radeon RX 570 GPU with 4GB of VRAM
|DirectX Version – 12||DirectX Version – 12|
|Available Storage Space – 50 GB||Available Storage Space – 50 GB|
List of Solutions To Fix Age of Empires 4 Keeps Crashing on PC
Users who face Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC issues are advised to use the solutions that are explained here. The most effective and efficient solutions to resolve the problem of Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC have been researched for the readers of this article.
1. Verify The Integrity for Age of Empires 4 Video Game Files
The first solution to fix Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC issues is to verify the integrity of video game files. Follow the steps below for this purpose:-
- Launch the Steam on your computer device and visit the Library tab.
- Right-click on the Age of Empires 4 video game and select properties.
- Now click on the Local files option from the left panel and click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Steam will verify the game files and will make corrections wherever necessary.
This is an easy and simple solution for the problem, but if it does not resolve the issue for you. Try using the other solutions in the list below.
2. Update The Graphics Card Drivers Installed on Your PC
The main cause of Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC issues is the outdated or corrupted graphics card drivers on the users’ computer devices. The perfect solution to this is to update the version of graphics card drivers installed on the PC.
Users are advised to use Bit Driver Updater software for updating all the faulty device drivers on a Windows PC. The instructions to use Bit Driver Updater on your Windows PC are as follows:-
- Download and install the latest version of Bit Driver Updater through the link below.
- Launch the software and wait for the scan to finish.
- All the outdated and faulty device drivers will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the Update Now option next to the graphics card drivers to update them.
- You can also click on the Update all button from the bottom to install the latest driver files for all the faulty drivers.
- Restart your device and check if the problem of Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing is resolved or not.
Most of the time updating the graphics card drivers help in fixing the Age of Empires crashing issues for Windows users. Try applying other solutions if this does not work for you.
3. Download The Latest Version of Age of Empires 4
The next solution to fix Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC issues is to download the latest version of the video game on the PC. There might be a possibility that the old version contains some bugs in it.
To fix the bugs in the game, the developers of Age of Empires 4 release new patches for the game on a regular basis. Download the latest patch of the video game and fix Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC issues.
4. Disable Overlays on Your Windows PC
The overlays on the Windows PC might hinder the game files to function properly and thus lead to Age of Empires 4 crashing on the PC. Follow the instructions below to disable overlays on Windows PC:-
- Launch the Steam on your PC and visit the library tab.
- Right-click on Age of Empires 4 and select Properties from the box.
- Click on the General option and uncheck the box that states Enable Steam Overlays while in-game.
- Relaunch the game and check if the problem is resolved or not.
You can also try some other solutions listed below to fix Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC.
5. Disable The Anti-virus Software Installed on The PC
Many users have given feedback that disabling the anti-virus software installed on the PC, has helped them in getting rid of Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing issue.
Disable the inbuilt and third-party antivirus software on the PC and launch the Age of Empires 4 video game. If this does not work try fixing the corrupted system files.
6. Fix The Corrupted System Files
The proper set of system files is very essential to run the device in an accurate manner. The corrupted system files also lead to Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC issues. Perform the steps below to fix the corrupted system files on Windows PC:-
- Press the Window logo key and type Command prompt on the search box.
- Right-click on the best match and select Run as administrator.
- Confirm your action by clicking on the OK button.
- On the command prompt window give the sfc/scannow command and press the enter key.
- Let the process finish and restart your computer system.
The operating system will search for all the corrupted system files on the PC and fix them. The problem of Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC also gets resolved after fixing the corrupted system files.
Final Words: How to Fix Age of Empires 4 Keeps Crashing on PC
Here we conclude this write up, hope we are able to give an answer to your question about how to fix Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on PC. The video game is preferred by users all around the world but the crashing issue ruins the whole gaming experience for them.
To help the users we tried to explain the best solution for this particular problem in the above article. Share your views on this topic in the comments section given at the end.