If you want to download or update your HP USB-C Dock G5 driver on your Windows 10/11 32 or 64-Bit computer. Then read this article providing different methods to do it.
A USB docking station is a great extra for people who use laptops. There are many different kinds of docking stations, from small ones that fit in your pocket to expensive ones that sit on your desk. The HP USB C Dock G5 is a perfect example of a cheap desktop dock with great features for connecting. This review will talk about what’s good and bad about it and help you decide if you want to buy a USB C dock for your laptop. This dock isn’t cheap, but it’s worth what you pay for it.
The HP USB-C Dock G5 might be just what you need if you want to connect older devices to your laptop. It has a wide range of ports so that almost any device can be connected. It also moves data quickly and efficiently, using as little as 15W to do so. In order to connect your old devices with your new laptop, though, you’ll need to install a driver. And to download the HP USB C dock driver you need to try the methods share in this post.
Different Methods To Download And Update HP USB C Dock G5 Driver For Windows
As we have mentioned above if you want your device to perform smoothly, you need to download or update its drivers. Below we are going to show you three different methods with which you can easily download or update your HP USB C dock G5 driver on your Windows 10/11 PC.
Method1: Download The HP USB C Dock G5 Driver From HP Official Website
HP’s website always has the latest drivers for its products. You can therefore manually update the driver for your HP USB C Dock G5 by visiting their support page and downloading the updated drivers. Follow the instructions below to find and download the drivers from HP’s Support Page.
- Click on this link to go to HP’s official website: HP’s Support Page
- Under the heading “Identify your product for manuals and specific product information” on the support page, click on the search box and type HP USB C Dock G5 driver. Hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Click on the HP USB-C Dock G5 device on the list of HP accessories that appears. It will take you to a different page.
- Choose the Software, Drivers, and Firmware tab on that page.
- Then, expand the “All Drivers” tab. And then, expand the Docks-Firmware and Driver tab.
- Click the Download button next to the HP USB-C Dock G5 driver under the Docks-Firmware and Drivers tab. This will start the process of getting the file.
- When the file is done downloading, go to your computer’s Downloads folder and open the file. Then, follow the instructions on your computer’s screen to install the new drivers.
- Once the process is done, Restart your computer, and the new drivers will be put in automatically.
Also read: Download USB Mass Storage Driver on Windows
Method2: Use Device Manager To Update HP USB C Dock G5 Driver
In this process, we’ll use the Device Manager tool, which is a built-in program that comes with the Windows OS. It is a very useful tool because it lets you reinstall, update, and roll back drivers that are out of date or have become corrupted. Today, we’ll show you how to update or download the HP USB C Dock G5 for Windows 10/11 32-Bit and 64-Bit devices by using this tool. To do this, follow the steps below.
- In the taskbar’s search bar, type Device Manager and press the Enter key on your keyboard. This will open the window for Device Manager.
- On the Device Manager window, click the arrow next to the Universal Serial Bus controllers option to expand it.
- Now, right-click on the HP USB C Dock G5 driver and choose Update driver from the list.
- Click on “Search automatically for drivers” in the new window that pops up.
- Wait a while (depending on your internet speed) and let your computer look for the new drivers online. Then, just follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation.
When the process is done, Restart your computer, and the new HP USB C Dock G5 will automatically replace the old, broken ones. If you don’t like either of the above methods and want an easier and faster way to update your drivers, try this. Then you can move on to the next step, which is a process that happens automatically.
Also read: fix USB Device Descriptor Request Failed Error in Windows
Method3: Update And Download HP USB C Dock G5 Driver Automatically
Users who don’t know much about technology are advised to use this method. In this process, you need a driver updater program like the Bit Driver Updater that is quick, safe, effective, and has an easy-to-use interface. This app comes with a number of tools and features to help you do your job better. You can do more than just update or download your HP USB C Dock G5 driver. You can also organize your updates, speed up your computer, and save your old drivers. Follow the steps below to get this amazing program and use it to update all your drivers with just one click.
- Click on the link given below and download the Bit Driver Updater on your Windows device:
- After you install the program on your Windows device, visit the downloads folder and run or open the setup file. And then follow the instructions shown on the screen to get the app installed on your computer. Run the program once the installation is done.
- On the home page of Bit Driver Updater, click on the Scan tab (on the left-hand panel) or Scan Drivers button to let it look for old, corrupted, or missing drivers.
- Once the scanning is done, you can update all of your PC’s drivers at once by clicking the Update all button. But if you don’t want to update all of your drivers, click the Update Now button next to the HP USB C Dock G5. to make sure that only that driver gets updated.
- When the update is done, Restart your computer, and the new drivers will replace the old ones automatically.
We hope that one of the above ways helped you download and install the HP USB C Dock G5 driver for Windows 10 or Windows 11. We would like to suggest that you follow the instructions exactly as they are shown to you.
If you have any questions or comments about this article, please write them in the box below. And click the “Subscribe” button for Bit Driver Updater to see more blogs like this that are full of useful information.