This post highlights the best ways to download, install, and update AMD High Definition audio device drivers for Windows 10, 8, and 7. Read on to know about them.
The AMD high definition audio device is an audio mechanism used for sending sound over HDMI and DisplayPort connections. If you want the device to perform to the best of its capabilities and enjoy high-quality sound, you need to always have the latest AMD audio driver installed.
If an appropriate audio driver is not installed, the particular device may fail to work, or you may encounter various buggy driver problems, such as AMD High Definition audio device not plugged in error on your Windows laptop or desktop. That’s the reason, today we have come up with this AMD high definition audio device driver download, update, and installation guide.
But if you have no time to read the entire article then we suggest you try Bit Driver Updater. It is one of the quickest and safest ways to get rid of all the driver-related problems. Also, with this driver updater, you can update all faulty drivers with a single click of the mouse. It has an in-built system optimizer that can speed up the overall performance of your computer. Additionally, the utility automatically backs up the existing drivers before updating them, so that the user can restore them if needed. Click on the Download button below to get the Bit Driver Updater for FREE!
Without further dawdling, let’s walk through the methods below for quick driver updates.
How to Download AMD High Definition Audio Device Driver for Windows 10, 8, 7
Download the latest and most up-to-date driver software for your AMD high definition audio device using the methods discussed below.
Method 1: Download & Install AMD High Definition Audio Driver Using Device Manager
One of the most common ways that one can use to download AMD high definition audio driver and install it is through Device Manager. Here are the step-by-step instructions for the same.
- Type device manager in the search box on the taskbar and select the Best match result.
- Once Device Manager opens, go to the “Sound, video, and game controllers” category and click on it to see the names of devices listed under that category.
- Right-click on the AMD high definition audio device and select the “Update Driver Software” option from the context menu.
- After that, select “Search automatically for updated driver software” from the available options.
- Now Windows will look for and install the latest driver for your AMD high definition audio device.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Method 2: Download AMD High Definition Audio Device Driver from Official Website
You can get the latest drivers for all AMD products through its official support website. Here are the steps that can help you in doing so.
- First of all, visit the official AMD website.
- Click on “Drivers & Support” option available on top of the page.
- After that, click on the “Download Now” button to get the ‘AMD Driver Autodetect Utility” for your Windows operating system.
- If there is new driver available for your AMD high definition audio device, the there is a new driver, the tool will download it on your system.
Method 3: Use Bit Driver Updater for Automatic AMD High Definition Audio Driver Download and Update
As you can see, it is a bit tricky and cumbersome to download and install AMD high definition audio driver using the above-mentioned manual methods. That’s the reason, experts recommend using a dedicated program to update the drivers automatically.
In our opinion, Bit Driver Updater is one of the best driver updating tool available on the present marketplace. You can use it to get all the latest driver updates for your desired devices in just one click. You can download it for free from the below button.
After downloading, install it easily by following the simple on-screen instructions provided by the wizard. After the successful installation, follow the below-mentioned steps to update AMD HD audio device driver using Bit Driver Updater on your PC.
Step 1: Launch the tool and click on “Scan Drivers” to let it find drivers that require an update.
Step 2: After the scan is complete, the tool will provide you with a detailed list of all the missing, outdated, and faulty drivers.
Step 3: Look for the AMD high definition audio device driver in the list and select the “Update Now” option available next to it to automatically get its latest version.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about AMD High Definition Audio Device
Q1. What is AMD High Definition Audio Device?
The AMD high definition audio device is a sound mechanism that’s integrated into various AMD modules (such as AMD Radeon HD, Radeon R5, Radeon R7, and Radeon R-9 series of graphics cards) for sending sound through HDMI and DisplayPort audio connections.
Q2. How do I enable AMD audio?
To enable AMD high definition audio device in Windows, implement the steps shared below:
- Launch Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, expand the “Sound, video and game controllers”
- Right-click on the AMD High Definition Audio Device and select the “Enable” option from the pop-up menu.
Q3. Can I disable AMD high definition audio device?
Yes, you can easily disable the AMD HD audio device with the help of the Windows Device Manager tool. Here are the required steps:
- Expand the “Sound, video and game controllers” section in the Device Manager.
- Right-click on your High Definition Audio Device and select the “Disable” option from the menu.
Q4. How do I reinstall AMD high definition audio device Windows 10?
Follow the steps shared below to uninstall and reinstall the AMD high definition audio device in Windows laptops and desktop computers:
- Open Device Manager and expand the “Sound, video and game controllers” category.
- Find your High Definition Audio Device, right-click on it, and then choose the “Uninstall device” option from the menu.
- On the subsequent prompt, tick the checkbox present next to the Delete the driver software for this device option and then press the OK
- Next, select the Scan for hardware changes option from the Action
- Now, Windows will find and reinstall the missing device and its driver software.
Download AMD High Definition Audio Driver for Windows: Completed Successfully
In this write-up, we discussed the best possible ways to perform AMD high definition audio device drivers download and update. In case you have further questions, suggestions, or need extra help, please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below.
If you found the information provided above helpful and want to read more such useful tech guides, join our newsletter for free to get timely updates.