Looking for the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 & older editions? You’re at the right place. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how you can get the correct driver for your sound card easily & quickly.
Can’t hear any sound from your headphones or internal speakers? Don’t panic, you’re not alone here. No sound on the computer is one of the most common issues faced by Windows users. The problem is mainly caused by an outdated, missing, or incompatible sound card driver. However, the good news is that it’s usually not a hard problem to solve. Most of the time, all you require to do is restore sound driver on your Windows laptop or desktop computer.
Hence, through this write-up, we are going to discuss multiple ways on how to update sound card driver on Windows 10 and older editions. Now without further delay, let’s read about them.
Methods to Update & Download Sound Card Driver for Windows 10, 8, & 7
You can quickly resolve sound card driver problems by downloading and installing the correct latest driver using any of the methods discussed below.
Method 1: Download & Install Sound Card Driver from Manufacturer Website
You can manually perform sound card driver update by going to the official website of your sound card manufacturer. Here are the step-by-step instructions for the same.
- First, visit the official website of your sound card manufacturer.
- Look for the correct driver corresponding with your specific Windows operating system version (for example, Windows 10 64-bit).
- Then, download the setup file (.exe) of the Windows 10 sound card driver.
- Launch the sound card driver installer by double-clicking on the setup file.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions provided by the wizard to install the latest driver update on your system.
- At last, reboot your computer to validate the new changes.
Method 2: Update Sound Card Driver Using Windows Device Manager
You can choose to use the Windows built-in tool named Device Manager to download and install the latest sound card driver update on your own. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Right-click on the Windows icon/ Start button and choose the Device Manager option.
- In Device Manager, expand the “Sound, video, and game controllers” category.
- Right-click on the name of your sound device (for example, AMD High Definition Audio Device) and select the “Update Driver Software” option from the pop-up menu.
- Now when asked how you want to search for drivers, select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- After this, Windows OS will start searching for the new updates for your sound card drivers and will install them on your computer.
Method 3: Download & Update Sound Card Drivers Using Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
If you don’t want to go through the lengthy manual process to perform sound card driver download and update, then you can, instead, do so automatically with Bit Driver Updater. This well-designed tool currently ranks among the best driver updater for Windows 10 and older editions. Below is how you can use it to get the best sound card driver for your Windows device.
- First of all, click the button provided below to download and install the Bit Driver Updater application on your system.
- After that, launch the application and hit the “Scan Drivers” button to start the scanning process.
- Once the scan is complete, you will be presented with a detailed list of device drivers that require an update.
- Go through the list, select the audio device you want to update and then tap on the “Update Now” button located next to it.
- After that, the tool will automatically download and install the latest version of sound card driver for your Window operating system.
Download & Install Sound Card Driver Update on Windows: Done Successfully
Keeping your sound card driver up to date is essential to avoid device conflicts and facilitate smooth communication between the computer and the sound card. Hence, through this write-up, we explained 3 different methods on how to download, install and update sound card driver on Windows 10, 8, 7 quickly and effectively.
Hopefully, you find the information provided in this article helpful. In case you have any further questions, ideas, or need extra help, please feel free to leave a comment below.