Rockstar games such as GTA are one of the most played games across the globe. One essential software that needs to be installed to enjoy gaming without any interruption is Rockstar Games Launcher. However, some users when switching their operating systems faced the Rockstar games launcher not working issue. If you are also here in search of a solution then this guide is for you.
However, before moving ahead with the solutions for the Rockstar games launcher not responding, we must identify the possible reasons behind it.
Why is Rockstar Games Launcher Not Working?
Identifying the main reason why the Rockstar launcher not working is a complicated task. However, the following reasons can lead to the issue
- Outdated, missing, or incompatible Graphics Driver installed on your Windows devices
- The Rockstar games launcher lacks Admin rights
- The antivirus installed on your device is interrupting the working of Launcher
- Network Connection is not proper
- Launcher files are faulty or missing
These are the most commonly reported reasons by the users. The good news is all these issues are easily fixable. The following section includes the solutions to fix the Rockstar games launcher not working on Windows.
Methods to Resolve Rockstar Games Launcher not Working Issue
Given below are the 100% workable solutions for the Rockstar games launcher not working. No need to implement them all, apply one at a time until the issue is fixed.
Solution 1: Grant Admin Rights to Rockstar Games Launcher
If the Rockstar games launcher not responding after launching it multiple times, it can be due to the issue of compatibility. Run the launcher with Admin privileges on the compatibility mode. The steps to be followed for the same are as follows
- Find the Rockstar games launcher app icon on your desktop screen. Right-click on it and open Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab. Update the following settings.
Tick the check box for Run this program in the compatibility mode.
Tick the checkbox for Run Program as an Admin. Proceed with Apply and Ok buttons.
Once the settings are updated, check if the Rockstar games launcher not working issue is resolved. If the issue persists, try the further set of solutions.
Solution 2: Flush DNS Cache on your Device
If the Admin privileges didn’t work for Rockstar games launcher not responding error, there is possibly an issue with your network connection. To address the issue, remove the DNS cache from your system. Follow the given instructions to do so
- Search for the Command prompt in the Search bar. Click right on the search result and choose the option Run as Administrator.
- Type the ipconfig /flushdns command and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Wait till the command is executed and the successful implementation message is displayed on your Command prompt window.
Restart your system and Run the launcher to check if the problem is fixed. In case the Rockstar games launcher not working issue remains, move to the next fix.
Solution 3: Update Graphics Drivers
If your graphics card drivers are outdated or missing the issue of the Rockstar Games launcher not working pops up. Therefore, to avoid this and similar gaming issues make sure the Graphics drivers on your device are updated. To download drivers manually visit the official support page of your manufacturer (eg: NVIDIA, AMD, etc). Search for compatible drivers with the help of model number and version of OS. Install the driver files with the help of instructions on your screen. The manual method is quite complicated if you are someone who is not tech friendly and lacks time. Therefore, the best option to update drivers automatically is through automatic driver updater software.
Bit Driver Updater
The automatic driver updater tool bit Driver Updater is a 100% reliable and workable option to download driver updates. Here are the core features of the tool and the possibilities that are unlocked when you switch to its Pro version
- Quick System scans to identify updates pending on system drivers
- One-click download for the entire list of pending driver updates
- Schedule driver updates at users’ convenience
- Backs up driver data in its vast database and restores it when required
- WHQL certified and verified drivers
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Enhances the overall speed and productivity of your device
- 24*7 tech support
How to Update Graphics Driver Automatically via Bit Driver Updater?
- Download the software below and install it by applying the screen instructions.
- Click on the icon for Bit Driver Updater to launch the tool. Press the Scan Now option on your screen.
- Wait till the results are displayed. Once done, identify the Graphics drivers from the list.
- Click on the Update Now option next to these drivers to download the latest driver update available.
Also, If you are a Pro version user click on the Update All option at the end of the list.
- Double-click on the downloaded Graphics driver file and apply the steps displayed on your screen to install.
Restart your PC to apply the updated drivers. Bit Driver Updater makes driver updates quick and simple. The all-in-one tool also improves the performance of your PC and boosts the speed.
Once the audio drivers are updated launch and check if the Rockstar games Launcher not working issue is resolved.
If the updated audio drivers also lead to the Rockstar games launcher not responding move on to the next solution.
Also Read: Why Do my Games Keep Crashing in Windows 10
Solution 4: Force Stop Antivirus and Windows Firewall
Antivirus software installed on your system can interrupt the launcher and lead to Rockstar Games Launcher not responding. Therefore force disables the application to check if this could fix the issue.
Also, the inbuilt Microsoft Windows firewall should be disabled temporarily to check if the issue is related. Here is how it can be done
- Invoke the Run dialog box (Windows and R). Type control firewall.cpl and press Enter key.
- In the left panel of the Windows Defender Firewall window choose the following option
Turn off Windows Defender Firewall on or off
- In the further window choose the Turn off option under all three network settings i.e Domain, Private, and Public.
- Click on OK to apply the updated settings.
Once the Windows Defender and Antivirus are turned off check if the Rockstar games Launcher not working issue is fixed.
If the issue remains unresolved move to the next alternative solution.
Also Read: Fix Rust Keeps Crashing Issue
Solution 5: Clean boot your Device
If with the aforementioned fixes the Rockstar games launcher not working problem is not fixed, the issue can be with software that interferes with your launcher. Here is how you can fix it
- Click on Windows and R keys altogether. Enter msconfig and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Move to the tab for Services and choose the option Hide All Microsoft services. Tick the checkbox for it and click on the Disable all option.
- Navigate to the Startup tab and Press the option Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager and under the section for Startup click right on the app and Disable it. Now exit Task Manager.
Restart your Windows device to begin your device in an environment of the clean boot.
Run the launcher to check if the Rockstar launcher not working issue is fixed. Even after the clean boot if the problem remains proceed with further solutions.
Solution 6: Uninstall and Reinstall Rockstar Games Launcher and the Social Club Applications
If none of the solutions above worked in fixing the issue of the Rockstar games launcher not working, reinstall the application on Windows PC. This can be done with the help of the following steps
- Open the Run dialog box ( Windows +R) and enter the appwiz.cpl in the address bar. Click on OK to open the list of Programs and Features on your device.
- Scroll through the list to find the Rockstar games launcher and social club programs.
- Select both programs and click on Uninstall option.
Once these files are deleted, visit the official website of Rockstar Games Launcher to download the application again for your Windows. As soon as the launcher is downloaded it will be installed automatically. Also, it will automatically install the app for Social Club too.
This will fix the error of the Rockstar launcher not working on Windows PC.
Also Read: How to Fix Raft Keeps Crashing on Windows
Rockstar Games Launcher Not Working on Windows: FIXED
That’s it. Hopefully, with the help of the aforementioned methods, you were able to address the Rockstar games Launcher not working issue. Enjoy uninterrupted gameplay with the help of the Latest Update Graphics Drivers. Download Graphics and all other drivers on your device automatically through the Bit Driver Updater.
Need more help? Leave your questions below. Also, we would love to hear your valuable feedback or suggestions. Make sure you hit the subscribe button for our blog to never miss an update on tech guides and reviews. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter for the latest tech news and tutorials.