If you can’t find NVIDIA Control Panel on desktop or laptop computer after you’ve installed the latest Windows updates, you’re not alone. Considering this, we’re providing you with a tutorial to fix the NVIDIA Control Panel missing on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
NVIDIA is one of the world’s leading technology companies, known for manufacturing a wide array of graphics processing units (GPU) for the gaming community. These processing units aims to provide the best-in-class graphics on workstations, laptops, and mobile devices.
In spite of this, many NVIDIA graphics card users have encountered that the NVIDIA Control Panel is missing on their Windows PC. Some of the users reported the issue on online forums like Reddit that they are not being able to locate the NVIDIA Control Panel on the Desktop Context menu or in the NVIDIA folder itself.
If you’re also experiencing this same problem, follow this guide and you’ll be able to find the missing NVIDIA Control Panel in a few steps.
How to Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing on Windows 10, 8, 7 PC?
Let us now dig deeper to know about the various methods to resolve the NVIDIA Control Panel missing Windows 10 problem.
Fix 1: Unhide NVIDIA Control Panel on Windows PC
If you’ve recently upgraded your operating system or have installed the hardware or software updates, then there’s a possibility that your control panel might be hidden by Windows in the Desktop Context Menu or Start Menu. To fix the NVIDIA Control Panel keeps disappearing issue on Windows 10, try the following steps to unhide it.
- Type in Control Panel in the search box on your taskbar and click the best match result to open it.
- In Control Panel, set the view mode to ‘Large icons’ by clicking on the ‘View by’ option.
- Scroll down and select the NVIDIA Control Panel option.
- Navigate to the Desktop or View tab and check the ‘Add Desktop Context Menu’ option from the dropdown menu.
- Now head back to your Desktop, right-click on the empty space, and check whether the NVIDIA Control Panel missing from the desktop context menu issue is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Restart NVIDIA Services on Windows PC
Restarting the NVIDIA services is another effective solution that can help you fix the NVIDIA GeForce Control Panel missing on Windows 10 issue. Below are the steps to start the NVIDIA services again.
- Press the Windows logo and R key together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type in ‘services.msc’ command and click the ‘OK’ button to open the Services window.
- In the Services windows, search for the following NVIDIA services:
NVIDIA Display Container LS
NVIDIA LocalSystem Container
NVIDIA NetworkService Container
NVIDIA Telemetry Container
- Right-click on each of these NVIDIA services and click on the ‘Restart’ option from the context menu.
- If you find any of these four NVIDIA services are not running on your PC, then right-click the service and choose the ‘Start’ option from the context menu.
Once you’ve restarted each of the above-mentioned services, check if the NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue is resolved. If not, try the subsequent method.
Fix 3: Update NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver (Permanent Solution)
The outdated or missing graphics driver is one of the main reasons behind the NVIDIA Control Panel gone missing from desktop menu. In the majority of cases, the NVIDIA Control Panel disappears when your graphics driver is not compatible with your NVIDIA device. In such circumstances, the best approach is to update graphics card driver to the latest version. Here are the ways through which you can keep your graphics driver updated.
Update Drivers Manually: You can either use Windows inbuilt tool Device Manager or go to the NVIDIA’s official support website to download and install the latest graphics card driver updates manually. This process is a bit time-consuming because you need to find the correct driver version online and install it by executing the step by step instructions cautiously.
Update Drivers Automatically (Recommended): Experts always suggest to update drivers automatically using a potent driver updater tool to reduce the possibility of human errors. If you are wondering which driver update and repair software is best for updating your NVIDIA graphics driver, then you can try installing Bit Driver Updater.
This software not only downloads and installs the correct driver software automatically but also helps increase the performance of your system in a few clicks.
Fix 4: Manually Open NVIDIA Control Panel on Windows PC
If updating your graphics card driver doesn’t help you bring your missing NVIDIA Control Panel back, then you can try launching the Control Panel app manually on your PC. Try the following steps to do it properly:
- Open ‘My Computer’ or ‘This PC’ explorer.
- Navigate to the C Drive > Program Files > NVIDIA Corporation > Control Panel Client
- In the Control Panel Client folder, scroll down and search for the ‘nvcplui’ file.
- Right-click on the ‘nvcplui.exe’ file and select the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the context menu.
- Now, reboot your computer and check if the NVIDIA Control Panel reappears in the System Tray or Windows Control Panel.
Fixed: NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10
We hope the simple quick fixes mentioned in this post has helped you resolve the missing NVIDIA Control Panel issue on Windows 10, 8, and 7 PC.
If the NVIDIA control panel still keeps disappearing from desktop context menu or system tray, then don’t hesitate to contact us. Just drop your queries in the below comment box and we will see what more we can do to help you fix your problem.