Webcams are one of the most important peripherals that help users participate in video conferences, video chatting, etc. The Logitech C920 webcam is quite common among users but many times users report about the Logitech C920 webcam not working error that prevents them from using the webcam service smoothly.
If the webcam stops working suddenly then it can seem like a big problem especially to laymen and novices. But fortunately, there are some impeccable methods to resolve the Logitech webcam detected but not working issue which we shall explore in the post below.
Universal Solution: To Fix Logitech C920 Webcam Issue
There might be numerous reasons behind the Logitech webcam C920 not detected error but one of the main reasons behind this error is bad drivers. So, the most prudent way to sort the problem of bad device drivers is by taking the help of the Bit Driver Updater.
We will look at how this tool aids in updating your system drivers in the latter portion of this article. However, you can click the download button below to get the tool immediately.
Solutions For Logitech C920 Webcam Not Working Error:
Below we will look at the solutions in accordance with the causes behind the Logitech C920 not detected error on Windows 10.
Solution 1: Fixes for Temporary Issues
Step 1: Check the connections port
Check the connecting wires to ensure that the webcam is connected properly to the system.
Step 2: Try another USB
You can try connecting the webcam to another port of the computer to see if that solves the problem.
Step 3: Try another system
Alternatively, you can also connect the Logitech Webcam to another machine and see if it is working well in the other system. Then, it would indicate some system-related issues that could be addressed accordingly.
Solution 2: Primary Fixes
Step 1: Verify the Windows Privacy Settings
Sometimes, the Logitech C920 webcam not working error can occur because of the Windows Privacy Settings that has the potential to block the Logitech Webcam. You can go through the below steps to firstly see whether this is the root cause of the problem and then understand how to resolve it.
- Launch the Settings app of the Windows 10 computer and then navigate to the Privacy section.
- Tap on the Camera from the left pane and ensure that the Allow apps to access your camera is turned on.
- Then, scroll down the list of apps and toggle the switch to enable the app that should have access to the Logitech Webcam.
Step 2: Reinstall the Logitech Software
You can try reinstalling the Logitech software to see if that can resolve the Logitech C920 webcam not working error. Here’s how you can do this:
- Go to the destination using the below path address:
Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features
- Right-click on the Logitech software to Uninstall it.
- In the pop window, only choose the Driver for the purpose of uninstallation.
- You can use the camera again but if the above steps did not help resolve the issue, then you can choose to uninstall the complete software.
- Further, you can reinstall the Logitech software from the Logitech’s official website.
Step 3: Automatically Update the Windows Drivers
At times you might face the Logitech C920 webcam not working error due to worn out and bad device drivers. The most recommended method to update the device drivers is by using the free driver updater software.
You can choose to install Bit Driver Updater on your Windows system and then follow the below steps to update your system drivers:
- Scan the system with the tool.
- The tool will instantly pull a list of all faulty drivers.
- Use the Update All button to download and install the latest drivers on your PC.
- Finally, restart the system again.
Solution 3: Secondary Fixes
Step 1: Disable Conflicting Apps
Your camera might stop working due to other applications like Skype, Instagram, or Discord that have been permitted to use the web camera as well. A message would pop up stating that the camera is in use by another software. In such scenarios, you might need to disable the conflicting applications by using the Task Manager.
Step 2: Open Task Manager by using the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step 3: Search the conflicting apps and choose the End Task option.
Step 4: Further, you have to restart your system.
Logitech C920 Webcam Not Working: Solved
So friends, this was all about the solutions of the Logitech C920 webcam not working error. Hopefully, you can start using the Logitech Webcam again after fixing the problem that you have been facing.
If you have any queries, you can feel free to drop them in the comments section below.