One of the most affordable yet effective printers for the office and home is the HP Laserjet Pro M404n. Laser printers are renowned for their incredibly fast print rates and large printing capacity.
Hence, to make the most out of this laser printer, an appropriate and compatible HP Laserjet Pro M404n driver is necessary. So, to help you with it, this article provides some simple and easy methods for downloading, installing, and updating the HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer driver.
Let’s go through the entire process without further ado.
Simple Ways for HP Laserjet Pro M404n Driver Download and Update
Below are some simple methods you may use to download, install, and update HP printer drivers on your Windows 10,8,7 systems.
Way 1: Download HP Laserjet M404n Driver from the Official Website
All the drivers you might need for all the printers made by HP are available on the company’s official website. Therefore, you may download your HP LaserJet Pro M404n driver from HP’s official website easily. The detailed procedure to download the printer driver is covered below.
- Go to HP’s support page.
- Choose the Support section and then select the Software and Drivers option under the Problem-Solving column.
- Next, you will be asked to choose your product on the following page. Select the Printer option.
- Now, in the search box, enter your product name – HP LaserJet Pro M404n driver and hit the Submit button.
- Look for your product name, and model number, and verify the appropriate OS. Then, click the Download button next to your HP Laserjet Pro M404n printer driver.
Wait till the download process is complete. Then, double-click on the downloaded file to start the HP Laserjet Pro M404n install process. For a successful installation process, follow all the on-screen instructions and then restart the computer.
Also Read: HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Driver Download, Install, and Update for Windows
Way 2: Use Device Manager to Update HP Laserjet M404n Driver
Device Manager is a Windows tool that helps you in updating and repairing your outdated, corrupted or faulty device drivers. Also, if you want to fix an HP printer not printing issues, then the Device manager can help you with it easily.
Hence, you can use Device Manager to update your HP Laserjet Pro M404n driver. Since it’s a manual process, you’ll need to be very patient and have some technical understanding to complete it.
To effortlessly upgrade your printer drivers, simply follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
- Hit the Windows key and X key together on your keyboard to open up the context menu. From the list of options, choose the Device Manager option.
- Scroll down through the list of peripherals and find the Print Queues option. Double-click on it.
- Then, find your desired HP Laserjet M404n driver and right-click on it. Now, select the Update Driver option.
- In the next pop-up that appears, choose the Search automatically for drivers option.
Now, all you need to do is wait patiently while your computer searches for and installs the HP Laserjet Pro M404n driver that is compatible with your Windows operating system. Once the driver installation process is finished, reboot your PC.
However, if you feel the aforementioned procedures are difficult and time consuming, read on to learn another method for simplifying this entire process.
Also Read: How to Download & Install HP LaserJet 1320n Printer Driver on Windows
Way 3: Automatic Method for HP Laserjet Pro M404n Driver Download and Update (Recommended)
In the above sections, we discussed some manual ways for downloading and updating the HP LaserJet Pro M404n driver for Windows 10,8,7. But many users believe that manually downloading, installing, and updating system drivers are difficult.
So, to simplify the whole download and install driver update process, we advise using an automatic driver updater tool, like our recommended Bit Driver Updater.
Bit Driver Updater updates drivers automatically with just one click and also offers features such as driver backups, scheduling of scans, and many more. Moreover, it can also assist you in fixing the “HP Printer Showing Offline” error quickly.
Some of its key features are listed below:
- 24*7 assistance service.
- Allows installation of only WHQL-certified drivers.
- 60-day full money-back guarantee for pro users.
- Boosts the system’s overall efficiency.
Let us go through the setup process of Bit Driver Updater below.
How to set up and use the Bit Driver Updater
Follow the steps given below systematically to set up this automatic driver updater software for the HP Laserjet Pro M404n driver download and update process.
- Use the link given below to download the Bit Driver Updater.
- Let the download process complete. Then, move to the File Manager section of your system and select the Downloads folder. Search and double-click the setup file to start the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, open the software. Select the Scan Drivers option on the homepage that opens up. Once the scanning process is done, a list of outdated drivers will appear.
- Then, hit the Update Now button next to your HP Laserjet Pro M404n to start its update process. However, it is advisable to hit the Update All button at the bottom of the list to avoid the lengthy process of updating drivers one by one. Hence, This will update all the drivers simultaneously.
After the process is finished, restart your system. Restarting instructs the Windows system to use the newly installed drivers for your devices.
Also Read: HP Laserjet Pro MFP M479fdw Driver Download And Update For Windows
Conclusion: HP Laserjet Pro M404n Driver Download and Update for Windows 10,8,7
This article covered all the methods to download, install, and update the HP LaserJet Pro M404n driver quickly and easily. You can choose to follow any of the aforementioned methods depending on your convenience and time.
But if you ask for our opinion, using Bit Driver Updater is the best choice for downloading, installing, and updating drivers as it will do the whole process for you automatically and hassle-free.
Please share your questions in the comments section below if you face any difficulties while performing any of the methods listed above. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to continue getting more driver-related updates and tech guides. Follow us on our social media handles – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.