If you’re worried about your Overwatch mic not working, don’t worry. Whatever the cause is, you can solve this problem easily by yourself using the solutions listed in the tutorial below.
If you love playing team-based video games, then you must have heard of Overwatch. It is one of the popular multiplayer first-person shooters available currently. However, while using the microphone/headset, some of the gamers have reported that they encountered an ‘Overwatch voice chat not working’ issue on Windows 10 PC. This problem is incredibly frustrating for users because it’s preventing them from talking to their friends during online gaming sessions.
However, if you don’t know how to solve the problem, there’s no need to panic. Here we are going to provide you with several effective solutions to fix the ‘mic not working in Overwatch PC’ problem.
Universal Method to Fix Overwatch Mic Not Working on Windows 10 (Highly-Recommended)
Mainly, the outdated audio driver is responsible for Overwatch Mic not responding issue. Hence, it is crucial to update respective audio drivers. To update the drivers automatically, you can use Bit Driver Updater, an all-in-one solution to all your problems related to drivers. With this driver updater, you can also fix the numerous display-related issues in Windows PC. Top of all, you can try Bit Driver Updater for Free from the download button shared below.
Easy Solutions to Fix Overwatch Mic Not Working on Windows 10
Mic won’t work on Overwatch? If you’re experiencing the same problem, try the below-listed solutions one by one until you find the one that resolves the problem for you.
Solution 1: Check In-game Audio Settings in Overwatch
The very first thing you should do to fix the Overwatch microphone not working problem is to make sure the in-game audio settings are properly configured. To do so, follow the steps shared below.
- Launch Overwatch on your computer and then select the Options > Sound.
- Adjust the sound volume of your speaker or microphone to an audible level.
- Make sure the “Group Voice Chat” and “Team Voice Chat” settings are set to AUTO JOIN. Also, ensure that the “Voice Chat Devices” option is set to “Comms Devices”.
Now, test your microphone to check whether the Overwatch voice chat not working problem is resolved or not. If it is, congrats. But if it isn’t, go to the next solution below.
Solution 2: Allow Apps to Access Your Microphone
If you have restricted certain applications from accessing your headset microphone, then you may run into issues like ‘mic not working on Overwatch’ every now and then. Therefore, follow the steps shared below to allow apps to access your Microphone on Windows 10.
- Click the Start button or Windows logo in the bottom left corner of your screen and then select the Settings option.
- Once the Windows Settings screen comes up, go to the “Privacy” settings.
- Select the “Microphone” option from the left navigation pane.
- Then, make sure the toggle switch located underneath the “Allow apps to access your microphone” option is turned on.
Hopefully, this helps resolve the ‘Overwatch not recognizing mic’ issue. But if not, try the next fix.
Solution 3: Set Microphone as Default Device
Another primary fix for the ‘Overwatch mic not working’ problem is to set your microphone as the default device. Usually, the Windows operating system automatically detects and sets a new audio device as the default device every time it’s plugged into. However, there might be times when you have to manually set the microphone as the default playback device on your computer. Here are the steps that you require to follow to do so.
- Right-click on the sound icon in the lower-right corner of the screen, and then select the “Recording devices” option from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Choose the Microphone device and then click on the “Set Default” option.
- Then, click the Apply and OK button to save the changes.
Now that you have set the microphone of your headset as the default audio device, join a voice chat and check if the Overwatch mic not working PC issue has been sorted.
Solution 4: Update Your Audio Driver
The Overwatch mic not working on Windows 10 issue could be caused by an old or faulty audio driver on your computer. Therefore, to resolve the issue, you can try updating your audio driver to the latest version. To do so, you can either use a manual or a tool-based automatic approach. But since the manual driver update process is time-consuming and error-prone, we won’t cover it here. Instead, we recommend using a renowned driver updating program like Bit Driver Updater to update all problematic drivers on your system automatically. Here’s how to use it.
- First, install the Bit Driver Updater software on your Windows laptop or desktop computer. Here is the download button.
- Open the application and click on the “Scan Drivers” button.
- Once the list of driver issues appears on your screen, go to the audio driver and press the “Update Now” button available next to it.
Overwatch Microphone Not Working: Fixed
Hopefully, one of the solutions above can help you fix the Overwatch mic not working on Windows 10 problem. In case you have additional questions or require further assistance to solve the problem, please feel free to leave a comment below. Also, if you found the information shared here useful, then subscribe to our newsletter for more such informative guides.