Voice chat and multiplayer gaming go hand in hand, so if for any reason your voice chat stops working, it is undoubtedly a terrible situation.
Communication among players in Fortnite is very important as it can affect the outcome of competitive matches significantly. As a result, when Fortnite’s voice chat doesn’t seem to operate, it can remarkably reduce your team’s ability to coordinate and win.
Numerous users have complained that they are facing Fortnite voice chat not working errors while playing it. If you are also facing the same issue, then don’t worry this article can assist you in resolving the issue easily.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into the effective fixes quickly!
Quick and Easy Fixes for Fortnite Voice Chat Not Working Issue
Here are some straightforward workable solutions to fix various Fortnite audio issues on your system simply.
Fix 1: Perform basic tweaks
Before attempting the technical fixes, try to restart the game at least once. There might be a chance that a short-term bug is causing the Fortnite voice chat not working error. Hence, consider restarting the game to fix this.
Make sure the in-game volume is at least 50%. You may have trouble hearing your teammates if the audio chat volume is too low.
Another main cause of your Fortnite microphone, not working problem could possibly be a poor internet connection. Therefore, be sure that you are using a reliable and quick connection. By using websites that measure internet speed, you may examine the speed and stability of your connection.
Fix 2: Update the sound drivers
Another possible reason behind the Fortnite mic not working issue can be a corrupted, outdated, or damaged sound card driver. The most recent version of your driver can improve game performance and avoid many problems or errors.
Hence, you should try to keep your drivers up-to-date and well-maintained. There are mainly two ways to update your drivers: Either manually through Device Manager or automatically via an automatic driver updater.
If you wish to go ahead with the manual method, you would require a lot of patience, time, and technical expertise to do so. Hence, it is advisable to move ahead with the automatic option.
For the automatic method, you will have to download and install any best driver updater application. Here, we recommend you to use the Bit Driver Updater tool. It can easily and quickly assist you in updating your system drivers in one click.
Below are some of the key features that make it the best driver updater tool in the market.
- It only installs the drivers that are WHQL-certified.
- Provides 24/7 support.
- Fixes all types of driver issues, such as missing, outdated, corrupted, or defective drivers.
- Keeps a backup of old drivers.
- Increases the overall performance of your system.
Go through the below-given instructions to download, install, and use the Bit Driver Updater in order to fix the Fortnite voice chat not working issue on your system.
Instructions to Use the Bit Driver Updater Tool
- To download the Bit Driver Updater application, click the below-given link.
- Once the downloading procedure is finished, go to the File explorer > Downloads folder and double-click on the downloaded setup file to run the installation process.
- Adhere to all the on-screen instructions to ensure the successful installation.
- Now, open the application. Hit the Scan Drivers option there. This will allow the tool to scan all your system’s drivers.
- After the scanning process, the tool will show a list of drivers that requires an update.
- Then, click on the Update Now button near your desired sound driver or hit the Update All button to start the update process for all the drivers together.
Let the updation process finish. The final step is to restart your PC. This will make sure that the drivers are updated and installed correctly. Now, check for the Fortnite game chat not working issue whether it is solved or not.
Fix 3: Get the latest version of Fortnite Patch
Fortnite’s creators frequently release game updates to correct bugs. So, if you are wondering how to fix Fortnite game chat, then you should try installing the latest patch to solve this issue handily. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Run your Epic Games Launcher.
- Now, move to the left-side panel, and click on the Library option. Then, in the bottom-right corner of Fortnite, click on the Gear button.
- Toggle ON the slider near the Auto Update option.
- Then, restart your Epic Games Launcher.
The Epic Games Launcher will detect any updates that are available. So, when you re-launch Fortnite, the most recent patch will automatically be downloaded if one is available.
Run Fortnite once more to see if your Fortnite voice chat not working issue has been fixed. Continue to other fixes below if it is not fixed or if there isn’t any new game patch available.
Fix 4: Check the microphone settings
To fix this issue, verify that Fortnite has permission to utilize the microphone if you installed it from the Microsoft Store. To perform this, follow the below-given steps:
- Hit the Windows key + I simultaneously to open up the Settings window. Then, move to the Privacy section.
- Next, select the Microphone option present on the left-side panel. There, find the “Allow apps to access the microphone” option. Then, make sure that it is turned ON.
- Now, scroll below and look for the Fortnite app and ensure that the slider next to it is toggled ON.
After tweaking the settings, run your Fortnite app again and check for your Fortnite voice chat not working error.
Fix 5: Check the audio settings
There are audio settings for both Windows and Fortnite, and occasionally things can just become a little cluttered. Therefore, physically resetting things to remove any faulty bugs may prove helpful in fixing the Fortnite mic not working error.
Here are the steps you may use to reset the audio settings:
- Open Fortnite and hit on the menu bar present in the top-right corner. Then, select the gear-shaped icon to move to the game settings.
- Choose the speaker-shaped icon to open the audio settings page. There, toggle OFF the voice chat option and hit the Apply button.
- Close the Fortnite app.
- Now, move to the bottom-right area of the desktop and right-click on the speaker icon. There, choose the Sounds option from the context menu.
- Go to the Playback tab and choose your relevant speakers, then click on the Set Default option.
- Further, move to the Recording tab and again hit the Set Default option near the relevant microphone.
- You may try to speak something into your microphone to check if it is working properly or not. If it is, then you will see green-colored bars on the opened window.
- After checking the settings, click on OK to apply them. Finally, open your Fortnite and tweak back the Voice chat ON.
This might solve the problem easily. If you are still facing the Fortnite voice chat not working error, then move on to the next fix.
Fix 6: Reinstall the game
Even after performing all the above fixes, if you are still encountering the “Fortnite game chat not working” error, then try to reinstall Fortnite.
You may follow the below steps systematically to uninstall and reinstall Fortnite.
- Run your Epic Games Launcher.
- Now, move to the left-side panel, and click on the Library option. Then, in the bottom-right corner of Fortnite, click on the gear button.
- Click on the Uninstall button to delete Fortnite.
- Then, restart your computer and again open your Epic Games Launcher. Download and install the Fortnite game again.
After reinstalling, try to connect to the voice chat in the game. This should solve your Fortnite voice chat not working error right away!
Fixed: How to Fix Fortnite Voice Chat Not Working Error
Playing a multiplayer game like Fortnite with your friends while using the voice chat feature is surely enjoyable. But the enjoyment might get disturbed if suddenly you face the “Fortnite voice chat not working” problem. Hence, this article aimed to give you a few fixes for this issue.
Hopefully, one of the solutions mentioned above fixed your Fortnite game chat not working issue. If you have any queries or recommendations, kindly contact us in the comment section below!