If you want to know the best ways to download 802.11n WLAN driver for Windows 10 and older editions, you’ve come to the right place. We talk about the same in this article.
Your 802.11n wireless adapter network card needs a driver to function properly. It might lose its ability to detect or connect with nearby routers and network points if the driver is outdated, missing, or broken. Thus, in order to avoid unexpected network issues and enjoy a smooth wireless surfing experience, you need to install or update 802.11n WLAN drivers on your Windows computer.
That’s the reason we have come up with a guide on how to download 802.11n driver for Windows 10/8/7, install, and update it easily and quickly.
802.11n WLAN Driver Download, Install, & Update Methods for Windows PC
Below are some non-cumbersome methods through which you can download and install a wireless local area network (WLAN) 802.11n driver update on Windows (both laptops and desktop computers).
Method 1: Download 802.11n Driver & Install It From Manufacturer Website (Manual)
This method requires you to go to the manufacturer’s website, find the right driver for your 802.11n Wireless LAN network adapter, and then download and install it step by step in your computer. Here are the detailed instructions for the same.
- Visit the official website of your wireless network adapter manufacturer.
- Look for the correct 802.11n driver version corresponding with the model of your wireless network card and specific Windows operating system version (for instance, Windows 10 64-bit).
- Then, download the driver setup file (.exe) by clicking on the download button.
- After the WLAN 802.11n driver download process gets completed, launch the installation wizard by double-clicking on the setup file.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest driver update on your system.
- Lastly, reboot your computer for these recent changes to take effect.
Method 2: Download 802.11n WLAN driver & Install It Using Device Manager (Manual)
Microsoft Windows OS comes with a default utility called Device Manager to manage all the PC peripherals and their corresponding driver software. You can also use it to manually install or update WLAN 802.11n driver to its latest available version. Here are the step-by-step instructions that can help you in doing so.
- In the Windows search box on the taskbar, type device manager and then select the Best match result.
- In Device Manager, scroll down till you see the Network adapters branch and then click on it to see the list of all installed network cards in the system.
- Right-click on your 802.11n WLAN network adapter and select the “Update Driver Software” option from the context menu.
- On the next screen, select “Search automatically for updated driver software” from the available options.
- Wait till the 802.11n WLAN driver download, update, and installation process completes.
- After that, restart your computer.
Method 3: Use Bit Driver Updater to Download & Install 802.11n Driver for Windows 10/8/7 (Automatic)
If you don’t want to go through the trouble of downloading and installing the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Bit Driver Updater. It is one of the best tools in the world of the best free driver updater software to date.
The program is seamlessly designed to scan every nook and cranny of your system for outdated and misconfigured drivers and update them automatically in a single click.
How to Use Bit Driver Updater?
Below are the simple steps you need to follow to download 802.11n WLAN driver, update, and install it using this amazing driver updating tool.
Step 1: First of all, click on the below button to download and install Bit Driver Updater.
Step 2: Click the “Scan Drivers” button available on the home screen to let the tool check your computer for potential driver problems.
Step 3: Review the scan results and click on the “Update Now” button placed alongside the problematic 802.11n wireless LAN driver to download and install its most up-to-date version automatically.
802.11n WLAN Driver Download: Done Successfully
Keeping your 802.11n WLAN adapter drivers up to date can help your network adapter work properly. Therefore, through this post, we discussed various methods to download and install WLAN 802.11n driver updates for Windows 10, 8, and 7.
We hope this piece of information comes in handy for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, you’re welcome to leave comments below.