In today’s modern technological world, the laptop is considered one of the most important devices for everyone. So, when it comes to buying a laptop, many users prefer to go with Dell laptops as it is one of the leading manufacturers in this field.
But, no matter how promising the brand is, your laptop will always require appropriate drivers to communicate with your operating system in order to give desired outputs. For example, if we talk about the touchpad, you may need to download and update the Dell touchpad driver regularly to keep the laptop touchpad operating smoothly and effectively. This will facilitate and accelerate your work.
So, in this blog, we have listed and explained some easy and quick methods for Dell touchpad driver installation and updates on the Windows system.
Quick Ways for Dell Touchpad Driver Download and Update on Windows
You may use the following manual or automatic methods for the Dell touchpad driver Windows 10 download, install, and update.
Way 1: Dell Touchpad Driver Download via Official Website
Every Dell product’s required drivers are accessible on the company’s official website. Visit Dell’s official website if you have the time and patience for a manual Dell touchpad driver download. From there, you may download the most recent Dell touchpad driver. The step-by-step procedure is provided below.
- Go to Dell’s official website. Move to the Support tab and select the Support home.
- Next, choose the Drivers and Downloads option.
- Now, in the Identify your product box, enter your Dell touchpad with the model name and press the Search button.
After downloading the appropriate driver for your operating system, follow the on-display prompts to successfully install the driver. Then, restart your computer.
Way 2: Dell Touchpad Driver Install via Windows Update
Windows Update can also assist the user with Dell touchpad driver Windows 11 download and update. Additionally, various issues like a malfunctioning touchpad could arise as a result of the outdated version of Windows. Running Windows Update will download the newest updates and also fix any touchpad problems.
- Go to the Settings page of your system and move to the Update and Security section.
- Then, under the Windows update tab, click the Check for updates option.
- Now, see if there are any updates available, then download and install them right away!
After installing, restart your PC to confirm the changes.
Way 3: Dell Touchpad Driver Update via Device Manager
Device Manager, a program provided by Windows, allows users to update and download all the device drivers easily.
Hence, you may use this tool in Windows in order to download, install, and update the touchpad driver if you possess the necessary technical knowledge, particularly in the field of drivers.
Follow the steps given below to use Device manager for Dell touchpad driver download and update.
- Go to the Search icon on your taskbar and type Device Manager in it. Choose the first option from the search results that appear.
- Now, search for your desired Dell touchpad driver and then right-click on it.
- Select the Update Driver option.
- Then, in the next pop-up menu that appears, choose the Search automatically for drivers option.
Wait for your system to install the latest version of the touchpad driver that is compatible with your OS version. Then, restart your computer to bring them into effect.
Also Know: How to Fix Common Driver Problems in Windows
Way 4: Dell Touchpad Driver Update Automatically
To simplify the whole process of Dell touchpad driver Windows 10 download, install, and update, you may make use of any best driver updater applications. In the market, there are countless driver updater tools, but not all of them are worth using.
Bit Driver Updater is the most well-known and highly recommended driver updater utility in the list of applications. It is trusted by many users worldwide.
This tool quickly scans your system, finds outdated drivers, and automatically downloads the latest WHQL-certified drivers for your system. Additionally, it has built-in support for the system optimizer, which can enhance the performance of the PC greatly.
Also, users may make use of this utility and its features to the fullest by upgrading to the Pro version of this application. This tool provides a complete 60-day refund policy for all Pro users. Moreover, if you get stuck anywhere while using Bit Driver Updater, you may contact their 24*7 assistance service.
Let us understand the stepwise procedure of using Bit Driver Updater for Dell touchpad driver update.
Automatic process for Dell touchpad driver Windows 10 download, install and update
- Use the button given below to download and install the Bit Driver Updater tool.
- Double-click on the setup files and run its installation process. Follow all the on-screen prompts carefully.
- After installing, launch the tool. Then, select the Scan Drivers option in the Overview section of the app. Thereafter, the scanning process of your system drivers will begin. Now, a list of drivers of your system that requires an update will show up.
- Next, you will have two options. Either click on the Update All option to update all the drivers of your system in one go or click on the Update Now option next to your touchpad driver.
Make your choice and wait till the application executes it. After that, reboot your system. Rebooting will ensure that the application has successfully updated your system drivers.
Conclusion: Dell Touchpad Driver Windows 11 Download, Install, and Update
So, that’s it! We’ve covered the best yet most straightforward techniques for downloading and updating the Dell touchpad driver in this blog. Read through each method and follow the instructions for the one that works for you.
However, we recommend you use Bit Driver Updater as it is simple to use and will automate the whole manual installation hassle. You may contact us in the comments section below in case of any doubts or queries. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to get more such driver guides and tech updates.